Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Time Flies

It's already Tuesday tomorrow!

I only did one thing on my 'to do' list today.  I don't think my 'to do' list is going to be completed this week.  I have extra things to put on it and less time with which to do them.

I was lucky enough to run into Kaz and Lucy's Man this morning.  They were taking their first morning walk since returning home, so we had a quick catch-up and I'll meet Kaz for morning tea tomorrow.

I spent a couple of hours pedalling around town with my camera and got a couple of good shots.

Irises growing outside the shopping centre.

Wattlebird feeding from kangaroo paw in our front garden.
Then I played with the macro lens by taking shots around the garden.

I have no idea what this is, but it was on the lemon tree.

Giant mozzie on the fig tree.
If you look hard enough, you'll find some interesting creepy crawlies in the garden.

After that I tried, again unsuccessfully, to get my 'foam' photo for the Canon photo5 competition.  I will spend a couple of hours on it again tomorrow, but I only have until 13th to submit it, so I'd best get a wriggle on!

Once again, my day has been filled with all things 'photography'.

Adoring Husband cooked me a delicious dinner tonight as well, so really, it's been a day filled with all the things that I love.  Photography and food!

Tomorrow will be an added bonus with family lunch!

After that, it will be time to panic trying to get everything done before our weekend away.

Time flies faster than you expect when you have a 'to do' list that's not getting done :o)

Nite all.

No comments: