Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Coffee and Horses

The lovely young lady who makes my coffee at the bakery every morning, lives on a farm about twenty minutes out of town.

She owns horses, one of which, gave birth to a foal about three weeks ago.

She invited me to the farm to take photos of the foal, because she intends putting it up for sale soon.

It's a great farm, with lots of old rusted machinery lying around the place, car and tractor bodies, a large dam teeming with birdlife and, of course, animals.

This is not a photo of the foal, but it is a lovely moment captured between her and another of her horses.



She has offered her farm for Adoring Husband and I to use for our photography, which I thought was extremely generous of her.

So, one morning soon, bright and early, I think we will make our way down there with our cameras and see what gems we can come up with.

Meanwhile, I have just over 24 hours to complete my 'to-do' list.  It ain't gunna happen!

So much to do, so little time, but tomorrow, as always, I will get my morning coffee from the girl with the horses.

Nite all.

No comments: