My 'to do' list for this week is ...
- Make two white necklaces, one white bracelet and one pair of white earrings.
- Complete module two of the Photography Degree.
- Meet with 'The Artist' to get further information regarding the exhibit in September.
- Using the new info I got today, practise using the macro lens and see if it makes a difference.
- Have lunch with the family.
- Have morning tea with Kaz.
- Buy some hiking/walking boots for the weekend at Bunya Mountains.
- Pack for the weekend at Bunya Mountains.
This morning as I rode to get my coffee, I was stopped by someone to make comment about my photo. I said 'what photo?' and they replied 'the one in the Chronicle yesterday'.
My whale photo had been published in Saturday's edition and I didn't even know about it.
The information page for the competition stated that the winning photos were published in Monday's or Tuesday's edition each week!
Then I parked my trike and was stopped by another 'acquaintance' who had seen it and congratulated me. The sales person who gave me my coffee also commented.
As I reached the Seat of Knowledge, the boys announced 'here comes the star'!
There was a message on our answering machine from Mrs Piccolo, that she'd left yesterday, congratulating me.
It seems everybody knew about it except me!
So I asked the local shop if they had any of Saturday's newspapers left and luckily, they did, so I bought two copies. I have no idea why I bought two copies, but I just got so excited, I got a bit carried away!
My photo took a whole half of page two! The headline read "Roz snaps whale courting ritual".
It was pretty impressive ... even if I do say so myself!
This afternoon, I spent a couple of hours at Woman of Many Talent's place with her and Mrs Bucket.
It's been a long time. The three of us were once very close and spent a lot of time together, but life seems to have got in the way for the last 18 months or so, and our time together has suffered.
I think I have to re-establish some kind of routine of catching up with my friends again, because I have become a bit of a recluse this year and I am struggling to find the motivation to socialise.
I'll start by having morning tea with the girls on Tuesday morning to welcome Kaz back into the country ... and work on it from there!