Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

One Hundred Buckaroonies

I won it.

One hundred buckaroonies.

I entered a photo in the weekly whale watching photo competition that the local newspaper, The Fraser Coast Chronicle, is holding over the whale season, and won the weekly prize, which is a $100 voucher from Harvey Norman Camera Dept.

The overall prize for the season is over $1800 worth of Olympus camera + various other assorted camera paraphernalia.

I'm in with a chance.

This is the photo that won.

Adoring Husband demanded that I enter that one.

We dropped Kiwi Gal off at the airport this morning.

The weather was wet at the time, but a storm built up and the flight was delayed by about two hours.  We were a little concerned that the flight might be cancelled because there were storm and weather warnings all the way up and down the coast, as well as inland.

But she finally left and I can only assume that she landed safely in Sydney.  I haven't heard from her since she phoned to say that she was finally sitting on the plane and about to take off.

Adoring Husband and I had a lovely brunch with Vegan Chickie and Chicklet while the storm raged around us.  Lots of lightning and thunder and enough rain to cause localised flooding in The Bay.

After we arrived home, I grabbed my camera with the macro lens and got some shots out in the garden.

The garden always seems so different after a storm.  Cleaner, fresher and the creepy crawly insects come out to play.

Tomorrow will be a lazy day enjoying the peace and tranquility of my home being my own again and wondering how I will spend my one hundred buckaroonies :o)

Nite all.

No comments: