Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I believe ...

I believe ...
that two people can look at exactly the same thing and see something completely different.
I believe ...
that your life can be changed in a matter of minutes, by people who don't even know you.
I believe ...
that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.
I believe ...
that the people you care about most in life, are taken from you too soon.
I believe ...
that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had, and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many birthdays you've had.
I believe ...
that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others.  Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.
I believe ...
that no matter how badly your heart is broken, the world does not stop for your grief.
I believe ...
that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
I believe ...
that just because two people argue, it doesn't mean that they don't love each other and just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.
I believe ...
that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.
I believe ...
that you should always leave loved ones with feelings of love, and a hug.  It could be the last time you see them.
I believe ...
that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
I believe ...
that we don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.
I believe ...
that no matter how good a friend is, they are going to hurt you once in a while and you have to forgive them for that.
I believe ...
that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance.
I believe ...
that you either control your attitude, or it controls you.
I believe ...
that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, that passion fades and there had better be something else to take it's place.
I believe ...
that heroes are the people who do what has to be done, when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.
I believe ...
that money is a lousy way of keeping score.
I believe ...
that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and still have the best time.
I believe ...
that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down, will be the ones who help you get back up.

Nite all


No comments: