Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Just Around the Corner

Do you know what's just around the corner???

Christmas.

There are just eleven weeks til Christmas.

I already have three orders for bracelets, a necklace and earrings.  Everybody wants white jewellery.  It seems to be the colour of preference.  So next week, I must begin creating!

Kiwi Gal flies home tomorrow, and I must admit that I am looking forward to having my house and my life back to normal.

I think she has had a good time and had a chance to regenerate and rejuvenate, ready for her fresh new start at the end of November.  She has lots to do before her big temporary move to New Zealand and this break was meant to be her kick start to a new future.

She has worn me out and now 'I' need a holiday to recover from 'her' holiday!

We had lunch at the pub today, and then tonight we all gathered at the Club to say Bon Voyage to Woman of Many Talents before she goes jaunting across the world to Europe for a few weeks.

This weekend, another friend, Kaz, arrives home from Europe!  We all missed her very much and are excited that she is finally returning after a very LONG six weeks away.

Well, psychotic dogs are telling me that they are ready for bed, so after letting you all know that Christmas is just around the corner, I'd best gather my goods and find my way to bed too.

I hope you are all better prepared than we are for the festive season!

Nite all.  

No comments: