Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Day Trippin'

We took Kiwi Gal on a day trip to the Sunshine Coast today.

Two and a half hours drive in glorious Spring, sunshiny weather brought us to, firstly Eumundi, for morning tea and then on to Maroochydore for some heavy duty shopping!

Some camera gear, some clothes and a handbag later, we enjoyed Japanese food for lunch and then went on a search for Point Cartwright.

Point Cartwright lighthouse

has been photographed by some of our flickr group, including our workshop tutor, many times, and we wanted the opportunity to do so as well.

The GPS decided that it didn't know where Pt C was, so Adoring Husband followed his nose, and eventually we found it way off in the distance.

We found a lookout spot that had 'far off' views of the lighthouse and snapped away with our cameras ...

Also in the distance, but in a different direction, there was a whale frolicking!  He was too far out to get a good shot, but I could see him through my camera lens and it was a real thrill for me!

Then, sadly, we had to find our way home.

The day started out a bit shaky, when Adoring Husband forgot our voucher for the camera shop that we were heading to, and we had to turn around and come home for it ... BUT then he couldn't find it, and by the time he did, we ended up leaving home almost 40 minutes later than planned.

Then ... Kiwi Gal decided to organize a prescription from her Dr in Sydney, to the Dr in Eumundi while we were having morning tea, and what should have been a 20 minute break, ended up being a whole hour!

So with more than an hour and a half gone from our day before we even arrived, this little possum was not having a happy start!

However, it ended up being a lovely day and we arrived home safe n sound n happy n tired.

A quick, throw together dinner and now Kiwi Gal is draped on the couch with the psychotic dogs, Adoring Husband is snuggled up in bed snoring gently and here I am telling you about our day trippin'.

I'm looking forward now, to a lovely lunch at the park by the river tomorrow, with Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet :o)

Nite all.


No comments: