Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Art Deco

Something very exciting, and at the same time, very scary, happened for me today.

An accomplished,  award winning local artist, who for now, shall remain nameless, has invited me to partner her, with my photography, and share an exhibit themed 'Art Deco' in September next year.

The exhibit will be at a new Art Gallery in a town close by, which already has a very long waiting list for exhibits.

It's a fabulous opportunity for me, if I can make the most of it.

'The Artist', of course, is not leaving me alone to struggle with this and plans on giving me all the help and advice that I need, because ultimately, this is her exhibit and she wants it to be a huge success.

The planning that she has already put into this, is amazing, and knowing how important this is to her, I feel very honoured that she has asked me, an unknown, to share this experience with her.

Her previous exhibits have been highly successful and I expect this one to be no different.

So now I have to do lots of research into 'Art Deco' in all of it's forms eg fashion, jewellery, decor, architecture, art, furniture etc etc.

I might have to take Adoring Husband on some road trips in search of art deco 'everything'.

It's going to be an adventure and a challenge and scary and exciting and different to anything I've ever done in my life.  An experience of a lifetime!

How often have I marvelled over Art Deco and wondered about the era in which it evolved ... who'da thunk that it would pop so Arty Fartily into my life this far down the track?

Art Deco and Me ... let's wait and see.

Nite all.

No comments: