Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Chicklet Update Overdue

I had a most enjoyable ride in the bus into The Bay this morning with the 'Hamish and Andy' radio program on over the speaker system.  It was a giggly way to start the day.

Vegan Chickie,  Chicklet and I met at the Bare-chested Chef's restaurant, which is part of the Wetside Water Park in Hervey Bay.  It was their first day open for breakfast.

I had a Crab Omelette for breakfast and Vegan Chickie had Canadian French Toast.  Hmmmmm it was DELICIOUS!  I think we need to do that again!

Chicklet had fun sitting on the grass in the outdoor area of the restaurant, eating sticks and leaves and grass and anything else she could wrap her fingers around.

Afterwards, we caught a taxi back to Vegan Chickie's place, where we both harassed Chicklet with our cameras and took about 400 photos between us!










Chicklet has so many facial expressions, she had us laughing our butts off, which meant that some of my photos came out blurry from my shaking with laughter!

I had a lovely morning.

Thank you Vegan Chickie, Chicklet and the fabulous Bare-chested Chef!

A giggle to end our Chicklet update for today ...



Nite all.

No comments: