Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Rocket Rod

Three years ago, after Adoring Husband and I moved here, the daily bus would travel past our house at what seemed like the speed of light.  I nicknamed it the 'Bathurst Bus'.

After a few months, the bus slowed down.  I have since learned that the original speeding bus driver had moved to Brisbane.

Well, guess what?  He's baaaa-aaaack!

A few weeks ago, after Vegan Chickie & fam moved into The Bay, I began catching the bus on a Saturday morning to spend some time with them at their new unit.

The very first Saturday was harrowing!  The bus driver sped like a maniac and I felt very unsafe.

The following few weeks were fine because it was a different driver.

Today, Aussie H and I caught the bus into town for a girlie day and we had the maniac bus driver.

His nickname, apparently, is Rocket Rod, and he has been reprimanded in the past for his driving abilities.

After today's trip, I am emailing the bus company to lodge a complaint about his speeding, his cutting corners (a car coming in the opposite direction had to brake quickly to avoid a collision with our bus), and his missing passengers' stops.

A man with a prosthetic leg had to walk 30 metres to get to the bus, after the driver overran the stop on the main road and was unable to reverse in the traffic.

Then, on the return trip, the driver had to reverse 20 metres because he overran a lady's stop.

I will stop using the bus service if he continues to drive like that.  Apparently, he was removed from this route once previously because of his speeding.  Crazy man!

ANYWAY ... aside from the crazy driver, Aussie H and I had a lovely day in The Bay.

Aussie H bought some new darts.  She has been playing competition/social darts at the local club and really enjoying it, but she has been using some cheap darts that she won as a lucky door prize.

Now she has some fabulous new weighty darts, so she should tear her opponents apart this week!!

GO Aussie H!!!!  Oi! Oi! Oi!

Then we did some girlie shopping and bought clothes and shoes and dvds and hats.  We had lunch together and then made our way home.

It really was most enjoyable and I hope we get to do it more often :o)

I did a couple more silly picture quotes this afternoon ...

... had a Skype call with Adoring Husband ... and now it's time to sleep.

I imagine I'll be having nightmares about Rocket Rod!  Wish me luck!

Nite all.

No comments: