Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 11, 2011

A Bit of Family History


Oh my goodness, I can relate to that!

A cousin whom I met once, about 40 years ago, has made contact through facebook, and we have been inboxing each other.

She has been doing genealogy and researching the history of our family, on my father's side.  Apparently we have Doctors and Pharmacologists in our recent history!  Kind of a surprise!

Anyway, she is going to scan some family documents and email them to me and, in return, I have found a few family photos and emailed them to her.

From the left is my Uncle Jimmy, my Dad and then my Mum.  This was taken in the very early 60s at a work function.

My Dad - 14th Aug 1940  -  24th Nov 1997

My Dad (standing) and my Uncle Brian

I have another photo of my Dad with all of his brothers and both of his parents, but I have put it in a safe place, and can't remember where that safe place is!!  Don't you hate that!?  

His father died in 1964 of cancer and his mother, in 1971, of a heart attack.  He has five brothers who are all still living, as far as I'm aware.

So that's a little lesson in my family history.  I'm looking forward to learning more about by father's family.

Adoring Husband returned home today safe n sound.  He disliked being in Sydney and is very happy to be home.

Psychotic dogs, Lovely Laying Chooks and I are happy that he is home too :o)

I have markets tomorrow, so it's now time for me to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: