Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Challenge

The new photography challenge has been set for November.  The theme is 'Symmetry'.

As an example, our tutor posted a photo of a tiger's face.  He took the photo when he was at Australia Zoo last week with his daughter.

It's a fabulous photo and it provides an example of symmetry in nature.

The closing date is 23rd November.

In the meantime ...




I had morning tea with the girls this morning.  Aussie H, Lady Lynne, Kaz, Maid Marion and Michelle Mabelle.

There was a lovely moment as we were saying our goodbyes, when Lady Lynne and Kaz, both with a tear in their eye, acknowledged my blog post from 1st November, Age Challenged rQQzy: Isn't it Funny? about my son, Jamie.

I was touched by their kind words and felt very loved.  Thank you girls :o)

... and today was family lunch day, so Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet came over for a few hours and we ate and played and napped and played with electronic devices lol.

I love family lunch day :o)

I skyped with Adoring Husband tonight after the power was restored.

Sydney had a massive storm and the power was lost in a few suburbs for a couple of hours.  People were stuck in electric trains for two hours and shops and restaurants had to close their doors.

Adoring Husband and our flickr friends have posted all of their fabulous photos from Sunday's night shoot in Brisbane and I am feeling very jealous to have missed out.

I'm not a fan of the city, but they have all made the city and the beautiful lights look warm and inviting and oozing with wonderful energy.

I hope I have the chance, sometime in the future, to take such great shots.

Night shoots also pose a cool challenge.

Nite all.

No comments: