Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day Eight - A Bad Habit

Quote of the Day:



Day Eight - A Bad Habit



I never check the settings on my camera before I take my first photo of the day!  A bad habit developed because I used my camera on 'auto' for two years.

This morning, after I left the Seat of Knowledge, I found my way to the edge of some protected bushland.  There is a walking/riding path that winds it's way around the bushland and while I let my trike roll silently along the path, I could hear different birds singing in the distance.

I decided to stop and sit for a while, with the hope that a bird or two might make it's way to the edge of the bushes and I could get a good shot.

So there I sat.  It was a hot morning and there was no shade for protection.  I could feel the sun burning my shoulders and the perspiration was building on my forehead and began dripping down my face.

Just as I had second thoughts and was reconsidering my timing to early morning or late afternoon, a Noisy Friar Bird landed on a branch very close ...


It made a couple of calls to another of it's kind in the bushes and then flew off!

They are not pretty birds, by any stretch of the imagination, but I had not seen one before in this area, so I was quite excited!

There are so many other birds in that bushland and I am going to attempt an early morning vigil, maybe tomorrow,  to see what I can come up with.

This afternoon, Adoring Husband and I drove into The Bay and acquired a couple of iPhone 4Ss.

Then we made a quick stop to visit Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet.  We all had coffee together and I got my Chicklet cuddles for about half an hour and then we headed home.

Yet another storm hit this afternoon .. a little more vicious than yesterday, but not damaging.  We lost our power momentarily.

Since then we have been playing obsessively with our phones :o)  I have been warned by a few people that iPhones become an obsession .. and I can see why!

Put a new gadget in Adoring Husband's hands, and suddenly the rest of the world doesn't exist for four days :o)   (and lots of swear words are uttered frequently!)

It's all good fun!

Nite all.

No comments: