Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 16, 2011

Day Eleven - Something Blue

This is not how I am feeling today ... but it is how I feel sometimes.

Day Eleven - Something Blue


That's cheating a little.  An old photo.  But it was the first thing that came into my head when I thought of something blue :)

Well, we mailed the Christmas cards today.  We also wrapped, boxed and mailed the Christmas gifts, however, I'm not sure if they will arrive at their destinations before Christmas now!

Spent a few hours pedalling around town this morning, but it was a little frustrating due to a few scattered showers which meant that I had to keep packing my camera away and then wait for the rain to stop.

It seems that Spring is definitely over!  There is not a lot to photograph at this time of year.  Not even sunsets, because it is so overcast or rainy every afternoon.

Tomorrow I am visiting Vegan Chickie and Chicklet.  Let's hope the bus trip is less eventful than the last one!

So it's a short, but sweet, post tonight.  We made the effort to dress up and go out tonight.  Just to the raffles at the Bowls Club, but I'm feeling a little worn out, so it's off to bed for me!

Nite all.

No comments: