Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day Twelve - A Sunset

Quote of the Day:  "Attitude, to me, is more important than facts.  It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, or say, or do.  It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.  The remarkable thing is that we have a choice every day, regarding the attitude that we embrace.  We cannot change our past.  We cannot change the inevitable.  The only thing that we can do is play on the one thing that we have - and that is our attitude.  Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you ... WE are in charge of our own attitudes." - Chuck Swindoll.

Day Twelve - A Sunset



I couldn't get a sunset shot tonight because it was too overcast, so I dug out this old favourite of mine.

Either, nature is having a long nap, or my inspiration is waning.

It has been a couple of days now since I got a photo worth sharing.  I hate that!  Tomorrow, the tide is low in the morning, so I might go for a long walk along the beach and see what it has to offer.

Surely, either the beach and sand will hold some treasures worth aiming my camera at, or the bushland that joins the beach to the land will share something with me.

I'd really love to find some beautiful scenery and take some landscape shots.

When I visited Chicklet today, I took my camera with me, but I get so mesmerised by her, that I forget all about the camera!  How annoying!  It happens all the time :(

I promised BGWLBH months ago, that I would send regular photos of Chicklet to her, but I can't even remember the last time I took a photo!  I am a bad grandmother :(

Next week is Christmas.  I MUST take a gozillion photos on Christmas day!

Anyway, we had a delicious lunch at the restaurant where the Bare-chested Chef will be starting work next week.  We've eaten at this place often, but today was the best meal we've had from there.

At the end of the day, Vegan Chickie, emailed me this little gem of my Sweetie Possum ...


A never ending source of joy :o)

I'm so glad that I can share this with you!

Nite all.

No comments: