Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day Ten - A Childhood Memory

My chuckle moment:



Day Ten - A Childhood Memory

This is the diary that I mentioned in my very first blog post.  It's opened on the page that my mother wrote on.
My first blog post http://agechallengedrqqzy.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-think-im-now-blogger.html

Remember how I made the banana and walnut cake yesterday?  And how I was going to share it with the boys on the Seat of Knowledge?

Well ... this morning when I got to the Seat of Knowledge, I was reminded by one of my boys that it was the Indoor Bowls Christmas break-up day and that I had to take a contribution to morning tea!

I haven't been to Indoor Bowls for a few weeks, so I wasn't aware it was break-up day!

So, what a lucky co-incidence that I had made the banana and walnut cake!

I did cut one slice to give to one of my boys before I left for bowls :o)

I only played one out of the three games of bowls because Adoring Husband and I had an appointment in The Bay today, which we attended and then did some light shopping and got coffee.

We bought a dvd the 'Green Lantern' starring Ryan Reynolds, which we watched this evening.  It wasn't a bad movie, not my 'cup of tea', being a comic book action/adventure/fantasy,  but the special effects were pretty good.

It's now pouring with rain, and has been for almost two hours.

I didn't take any photos today.  I did go for a ride on the way home from bowls, looking for an opportunity, but not a lot was happening on the 'nature' front.

Once again, I am writing this leading into midnight.  Ugh!

Nite all.

No comments: