Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Day Seven - Fruit

Quote of the day:  "Be with someone who knows what they have, when they have you" - Unknown.

Day Seven - Fruit


In case you were so captivated by the wondrous smile of the beloved Chicklet, the fruit is 'mango'!

Had a great weekend!

A few of our photography group
They are a great bunch and I'm really pleased that we made the trek down for the barbie.

On the drive home this afternoon we drove into a storm that was pretty fierce!  The rain was so heavy, we could barely see in front of us and the wind was so strong, there were branches and leaves all over the road and hitting the car as we drove along.

Luckily, we came to a service station that we could park at until the storm passed.  It was pretty scary at the time.

So the weather was pretty horrible for the whole weekend.

We stayed with the Nikon Queen and her husband and they showed us very warm hospitality and made us feel very welcome.  Thank you both so much!

We made a pitt stop at the Sunshine Plaza in Maroochydore, to finish our Christmas shopping and had some lunch.

We stopped at Gympie on the way home, to photograph the Cattle Egrets that were nesting on the side of the road.


This little chick had fallen out of the nest.



They were very smelly!

There was a spectacular sunset greeting us this afternoon, but unfortunately, I only got the tail end of the 'beauty'.


Huge storms about this afternoon, but luckily for us, it passed right over the top.  A bit of thunder and lightning and some very black clouds scuttled overhead.

It's almost midnight, so I think I'll go rest my weary head.

Nite all.

No comments: