Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Easy Breezy

It's so nice to feel a cool breeze.

The heat has been building for weeks now, with weekly promises from the weather bureau, of rain and storms to ease the pressure.  Finally, the rain and storms arrived yesterday!

We didn't get much here, but it sure dropped the temperature by about 8C and my comfort level is where it should be.

Adoring Husband and I drove into town today to get food for our animals, do some Christmas shopping and shop for groceries.

While we were there, we looked in the ABC shop for a book that Vegan Chickie has been after - "Twas The Night Before Christmas" - which we found, in a nice hard cover version.

For me, it was the perfect excuse to go visit them to deliver the book!

I got to spend almost an hour with my little cherub, who was as happy as ever!



These photos were sent through by Vegan Chickie this afternoon.  Chicklet and I were mucking around with the book in the photos, this morning, and she had a very serious frown on her face as she listened to me trying to make various cat sounds.

When my kids were little, one of their favourite books to have read to them at bed time was "The Boy With The Drum", which was a 'Little Golden Book'.

I have searched for a copy of the book around various book stores and at markets, but haven't found one yet.

This evening, I searched online for a copy and was horrified to discover that, a 'used' copy of the book will cost me anywhere from $14 - $20 plus postage and if I want a 'new' copy, $100!!!!!!

Sheesh!  I'd have kept ALL of our Little Golden Books, if I'd known they were going to be that valuable in my future!  We had such a wonderful collection!

Ah well, no doubt she'll be using an E-reader any minute and paper books will be redundant!  Oh the times, they are a changin'.

This morning I attempted to get a shot of the new owl family.  All four of them are huddled in the tree amid quite thick foliage, so it was very difficult to get a clear view.


It was also very windy, so there was a lot of movement in the leaves.

Considering the tricky conditions, I'm pretty pleased with the shot.

So that was my day.  Pretty easy breezy in more than one sense.  Going to visit Vegan Chickie and Chicklet again tomorrow :o)

Nite all.

1 comment:

eljaih said...

http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Drum-Little-Golden-Book/dp/B000XXO1K4/ref=sr_1_7_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323604212&sr=1-7

here is one for $5.00