Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Good News!

Big smiles all round!

Adoring Husband's Mum is a tough old bird, and today, was well enough to leave the hospital and go back to the nursing home!

She is much happier back in her own environment and this outcome is so much better than we ever expected.  Adoring Husband is a happy chappy!

I love a good news story :o)

Had a good morning on my trike ...

King of the World!
This guy is parallel with the ground looking straight down on me.  I took this looking directly up!
Amazing clouds that I watched all day, hoping they would hang around for a sunset.
... and then this afternoon, the cloud formations were still looking good for a beautiful sunset...

The potential is there!
The dirty big black cloud came scuttling from behind me and parked itself right in the middle of my beautiful sunset!

I thought I would try a different setting for the sunset.  I chose Cheelii Lagoon for a change, instead of the river or the beach.  

Aren't I lucky to have such wonderful options for sunset shots!

Vegan chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet will be picking up Adoring Husband from the airport tomorrow morning, and then coming here for lunch.

So the camera will be out for some Chicklet snaps!

Tonight, I go to bed feeling happy about our good news :o)

Nite all.


  

No comments: