Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Ok on the Southern Front

Adoring Husband's Mum is doing as well as can be expected and Adoring Husband is coping well under pressure.

I have no photos to share today and I had a very quiet day after Adoring Husband left for the airport.

I did drop in on Mrs Bucket and Woman of Many Talents this afternoon and we had a couple of drinks together.  It's been a few months since we got together, so it was nice to catch up.

I also got a phone call from Vegan Chickie tonight, which was nice.  Little Chicklet was in the background gargling water and goo-ing and gaa-ing, as she does.  It was cute.

Actually, I have some photos of Chicklet to share with you.







It must be a month since I shared!  These wonderful shots were all taken by Vegan Chickie.  What a happy little vegemite she is and just look at her happy parents!  Who couldn't be happy with that much cuteness in the room!?

While it's a relief that things are going ok on the southern front, and Adoring Husband is managing well, it's now time for me to sleep.

Nite all

No comments: