Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Blogger's Block

Since February this year, I have posted on this blog 323 times!

I've updated here every day, although sometimes it's been after midnight, so some days show no posts and others show two.

Some nights I sit here for hours trying to think of something to write.  Sometimes, my imagination escapes me and sometimes, it's my motivation that escapes me, however, I continue to post every day, even if it's a small token update.

Tonight is one of those difficult nights.

It's very hot and humid.

Adoring Husband is watching a movie at full volume, which hurts my ears but is obviously just right for him.  It's very distracting.

I spent hours this afternoon completing the second module of my degree, so my brain has been over-used already today.

My photography this morning, was disappointing.  I did find a new owl family, but they were camouflaged behind so much foliage, that I couldn't get a clear shot.

I did get a shot of my favourite little owl, who today, I named Rupert :o)

Rupert.
He was very high in another tree with sunlight behind him, so the conditions weren't good for the shot.

I'm sure that he's beginning to recognise me when I appear with my camera!

Anyway, tomorrow I'm off to Bundaberg with friends, for a bit of shopping and a bit of lunch.  Maybe there will be interesting stories to tell tomorrow evening.

Blogger's block BE GONE!!

Nite all.

No comments: