Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Gallery

Adoring Husband and I went for a drive to Maryborough today, to have a look at the gallery and check out the frames that I can use for the exhibit.

The gallery is bigger than I remembered and so are the frames, which is a good thing!

So I feel a lot better about the exhibit now.  Less stressed.  More comfortable with what I'm doing.  I'm still having a bit of a crisis of confidence, but only because I'm wishing that I'd taken more photos in 'raw' (photographers know what I mean - non-photographers really don't WANT to know what I mean!).

Also when I compare my photos to Photoshopped photos, I can notice a big difference and I almost wish I'd learned to use PS!  I just keep telling myself that I take photos of real life and I want it to look like real life.

Anyway, the gallery staff are going to help set the photos into the frames and hang them a few days before opening which is now confirmed 7th September.

I think that I'm on track.  My 'to-do' list is getting longer, but I'm not bothered by that just yet.

I'm ok.

After Maryborough, we drove to The Bay and met Vegan Chickie and fam for lunch.

Little Chicklet is growing up so fast, that I can't keep up.  She's talking so much and is so tall!

This is her, leading Mama and Dadu.  She is definitely the boss of the house!


I love that she knows me now and calls me 'Boz' - much more fun than Nana or Granny :D



There was lots of giggles and silliness to be had and all too soon, it was time to leave.

Adoring Husband and I both got goodbye kisses today!

As we got to the car, I looked up and saw an Osprey perched in the tree not too far away.


I've wanted a photo of the Osprey for a long time now. It's probably not as good as I'd hoped, but we all have to start somewhere!

That's it for my day I think.

I stayed awake til after 2am to watch the Aussie, Adam Scott attempt to win the 2012 British Open Golf Tournament. He went into the final round with a handy four stroke lead and when I went to bed, he was on the 10th hole still with a three stroke lead.

Alas, when I awoke, he had lost the tournament. Maybe he'll win the next one. He's young enough to win lots of major tournaments. Go Adam!

Time for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: