Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Less Discombobulated

I'm still not completely back to normal, but I felt a lot better today and was even capable of doing a baked dinner in between editing photos.  So that tells me that my brain is improving.

I got a phone call from my little brother last night!  We talked for over an hour!

He has been on an emotional roller coaster ride of late.  Life is 'happening' for him, which is great, and he is moving forward with his life, which is also great.  I still worry about him.

We talked about photography and he directed me to the redbubble.com site where I was able to find some of his old work from more than two years ago.

I remember that I saw some of it a few years ago, before I became a photographer, and thought then how good it was - but I was still pleasantly surprised by what I saw.  Some of his work is as good, or better than I remembered.

I told him that after we do Tasmania this year, for our next trip, we might find our way up his way and he can take us to all the secret places that I could get some great shots.

Free accommodation (or somewhere to set up our campervan) and a free tour guide in what is generally known as 'paradise'.  That's a pretty good deal!

Anyway, it was GREAT to catch up with him and spend so much time chatting about 'stuff'.

Today, I found my 'Repetition' shot.

I visited Boo (the man I met on Friday) this morning.

I didn't plan on the visit.  I just happened to ride past his house, as I do almost every morning, and he was in the garden so I called out to him.

He invited me into the garden and I took a couple of photos of plants for him.  I also found this plant which I though was excellent for the 'Repetition' challenge.

I had planned on a different kind of shot from his house, but I really needed to get the shot out of the way so that I could focus properly on my photos for the exhibit.

So here it is...

'Repetition'
Today, I made a rough 'to do' list.  I shouldn't have done it.  I panic a bit every time I look at it.  I know that when I start crossing things off the 'to do' list, I will feel a lot better.

It's a good thing :D

Nite all.

No comments: