Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Discombobulated

My brain is so fuzzy today.

I am even finding it difficult to make decisions.

For example, Adoring Husband asked me if I wanted to go to the supermarket with him to choose stuff for dinner and I just looked at him, all the time wondering what sort of answer I should give and how I was going to decide.

Really?  How hard can it be?  Yes or No!

Not a drop of alcohol has passed my lips in 2 weeks, so I can't even blame that for making me fuzzy-headed.

I even came home from my morning ride early.  I think I was home before 9.30am.

It's probably not the best time to be doing it, but I've been researching prices online for printing my photos at small poster sizes - around 30x40 cm.

From there, I began to panic about how many I should be printing and whether they should ALL be that size or not.

Then I realised that I have to print some postcard sized photos to sell at the gallery, along with my jewellery.

I also have to think about how I am going to display my jewellery!

I need a 'to do' list lol.

I need to find somebody who will speak publicly and introduce me and my photography at the opening.

I need something to unscramble my brain.

I need an Assistant!  Who will work for free!  And tell me how talented I am!  Somebody with a clear head!  A mover and a shaker!  A motivator!  Somebody hardcore!

Ok, I am exhausted!  That gave me a sudden adrenalin rush.  I'm over it.  NEXT!!

It may have been a short outing, but I got a couple of nice photos.


Pale Headed Rosellas are one of my favourite birds (of which I have many!).  They are so pretty, and very difficult to photograph because they are so skittish.

These two flew across the road in front of me, into a palm tree, so I stopped the trike and waited to see what they would do next.

I didn't even notice the bird bath until they flew to it.  First one, and then the other.

I took a couple of shots before I crept closer.  Every two or three feet, I would take another shot, just in case they noticed me and took fright (and flight).  I didn't get very close, but close enough to get this shot, which I'm pretty happy with.


I think these Pacific Basas are nesting quite near to the Seat of Knowledge! They have been hanging around there for a couple of days now. I need to start exploring and following them.

Can't wait to see their babies this year!

This has been a nice little diversion, but now it's time to get back to the job at hand - and I can't even sign off with 'Nite all' because it's not even 4pm!

I'm still discombobulated.

Afternoon all.  

No comments: