Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bliss

Oh how blissful it is to sit in my work area!  My head feels so much clearer!

I do still have to work on my time management though.  I need to do that fast before my time runs out and I have none left to manage!

Even though it was cloudy today, it was still nice enough to pedal around for a bit over an hour.

I found the Pacific Basa causing trouble in the bird world.


Wherever I hear the birds squawking and screeching, I find this guy perched nearby in a tree. I am yet to find where they are nesting.

Aussie H dropped by this afternoon and I got to show her the photos from her party. I think she was happy with them. She did say that I am now booked for her 75th, 80th and 85th birthdays, but then, I do come at a good price ... free!

I've spent many many days editing 170 photos, then creating a slide show, with the photos in order, comments at key parts of the party and with various music tracks in the background. I've discovered that it can only be played on a computer and not a dvd player. **sigh**

So now I have to download a program that will allow me to save it so that it can be played on a dvd player ... that way Aussie H can watch it on the big screen.

It seems to take me so much longer to teach myself 'stuff' these days.  It's hard work!  A slow process.

Ah well, it's almost done.

A nice peaceful shot this morning on the change of tide.


It was nice to see RR at the Seat of Knowledge this morning. He is not allowed out in the sunshine during his chemotherapy treatment, so he hasn't been able to take his usual spot for a few weeks.

This morning was very dull and cloudy with a few very light sprays of rain, so he came down to sit with us for an hour or so. It was good to have him back.

You may notice that I am here early tonight!

I have a couple of ideas for my two flickr challenges.  Best Cousin in the World and her lovely MIL gave me some ideas to try too, so I'm going to spend some time 'having a go' at them tonight.

If they turn out ok, I will share them tomorrow :D

Nite all

No comments: