Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

I'm Baa-aack!

Thank goodness for JB Hi-Fi which just opened their store in The Bay last week!

They had a battery charger to replace mine.

All is right with my world again.  **sigh**

Oh ... except for this incessant rain!

My wish is for the rain to stop between 7am and 10am every day ... then it can continue for the remainder of the day.

I can't go riding.  I can't take photos.  Ok, so I can take indoor photos, but you all know how I love to take my photos outside!

I set the mini challenge in the 104 group this week as 'Food', which was pretty handy considering how miserable the weather is for outside photography!




All prepared lovingly by Adoring Husband.

While we were in The Bay today, we drove over to have coffee with Vegan Chickie, the Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet (Chicklet didn't have coffee).

I think this photo shows how much she loves her Mama :)


Tonight was Christmas in July at the pub.

We only decided to go this morning when we received a phone call from The Speckled Hen telling us that some people had dropped out and we could take the seats if we wanted them.

It was a pleasant night, but we were home before 9pm.

There was entertainment - a female singer, who had a lovely voice, but not much personality to entertain.

There were lucky door prizes, of which we won NONE.

The meal was a smorgasbord of chicken, turkey and ham with roasted potato and pumpkin and boiled mixed veggies.  Some type of Christmas pudding and custard for dessert.  For an extra $2 and for being gluten intolerant, Kaz and I got to have pavlova for dessert instead.

I don't think we'll go again next year.  It didn't feel any different to any other night at the pub.

I do think I might go climb into bed and let the sound of the rain on the roof lull me to sleep.

Tomorrow, I might finally get to finish Aussie H's birthday photos!

Nite all.


No comments: