Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Sunny Day

I can't begin to tell you how glorious this day has been!

I woke to the sight of a perfectly blue sky and not a cloud to be seen.

The sun was shining brightly and as I neared the Seat of Knowledge on my trike, the sunlight was glistening like diamonds on the water.

My boys were all sitting at the Seat of Knowledge, obviously happy to see the sun and to get out and about.  I think we've all had enough of being stuck indoors!

While I was there, we noticed this shag out in the water with a fish that looked way too big for it to swallow.




Hovering above the shag was a Brahminy Kite.  It swooped a couple of times, but the shag ducked under the water too fast for the kite.

It was very interesting to watch ... but I really hoped the kite would win ... as long as I got the shot of course!  It didn't and I didn't!

After I left the boys, I rode along the path beside the river until I reached the beach.

The tide was on it's way out, so I decided to go for a walk along the beach to see what I could find.  It the best time to see the kites and eagles in action - they search for the fish that get caught in the rock pools and puddles.

There were quite a few of them way out over the ocean - too far for my lens to reach them.  One solo pelican came almost close enough for a photo, but decided to stand on a sand bank just out of reach.

There were plenty of seagulls out and about - a bit boring.

I took photos of ripples in the sand for my 'repetition' challenge, but when I saw them on the big screen, they didn't really appeal to me.

I found some rusty wire mesh which looked interesting to the naked eye, but not so, through the view finder.

Then I had a quick visit from a Whistling Kite.  He flew right over my head and I swear he was looking right at me!


He didn't stay long, but I got a quick shot.

I finally, but reluctantly, found my way home. I so wanted to enjoy the whole day of sunshine, but there was work to be done at home.

I did some washing and then tidied up my work area where I usually make my jewellery.


I needed a quiet area where I could focus on editing my photos. I've wasted far too much time on the couch being distracted by the TV and Adoring Husband, so now I have no excuses.

Time to get down to business!

So I've had a productive and most enjoyable day. The burst of vitamin D triggered my motivation beautifully and I'm feeling very enthusiastic about tomorrow :D

**raises fist in the air triumphantly** Onward and upward!

Nite all.

No comments: