Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cool-ish

I'm wearing long sleeves and slippers!  I'm feeling quite chilled!  This is becoming a habit!

I didn't do much photography last night at all, because I didn't have the props that I needed, however,  I DID finish one of my challenges and that was for 'Cozy' ...


A grotty dog amid all that whiteness - probably not the most attractive cozy, but it's good to have one finished. I tried to squeeze this psychotic dog into an ugg boot, but she wouldn't have a bar of it!
Now to concentrate on 'repetition'.

I tried rippling sand on the beach ...


... but I didn't care for that at all.
I tried rusty wire mesh ...





... but that didn't appeal to me either.

Then I tried a pile of slip rings ...


... but they don't even look like repetition - they just look like a pile of slip rings - if that?!

So I still have a couple of other ideas to try tomorrow and I still have 9 days to play with, so there is no rush just yet.

I had a really great visit with Vegan Chickie and Chicklet today. We had popcorn and watched Playschool, but gosh she seems so much older than 18 months. She has so many words and is such a clever little munchkin. Bright as a button and needs LOTS of stimulation.

I just love her to bits!

Well I think I might have an early night tonight - just so that I can snuggle into my warm fleecy sheets and get this 'cold' out of my bones.

Cool-ish might be an understatement. Perhaps it's actually c-o-l-d!

Nite all.




No comments: