Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Making Music

What a full day today has been!

Of course, the Seat of Knowledge was the first stop this morning and it was great to see The Little Gnome back from his trip to Rubyvale, where he spent a little over two weeks with his grandson and family.

We missed him while he was gone!

Afterwards we had a date with some acquaintances to help them with their camera, computer, electronic photo frame and TV/DVD.

That took three hours.  It was a pleasant three hours because they are lovely people, and Adoring Husband did most of the work.  Ok, Adoring Husband did ALL of the work!

They were most appreciative and we got a big bag of fresh veggies from their garden as well as the offer of some plants from their bromeliad garden and a dinner invitation for some time in the future.

These people will be at the exhibit opening night and will be serving nibblies to the patrons as well, to help out, so that's a lovely gesture.

We drove home from there to have a quick lunch and then I pedalled up my street, for the musical instrument photo shoot, at BP's place.

The moment B took the instruments out of their velvet lined cases, I fell in love with them.

They were so shiny and smooth and sleek with beautiful lines and the light danced off them as B moved them around on the black sheet to suit my requirements.

I took 90 photos.  Some of them I aimed and fired, but most I just held the camera up high and at different angles shooting blind.  I really enjoy that kind of photography and I am almost always pleasantly surprised by the shots I get that way.

I have selected five of the best and I think I will use them on a panel for a series of shots.  There is one in particular that I will enlarge.

I have three photos that I am enlarging as features.

So far, all is going to plan.  Fingers crossed, it will continue to do so!

Tomorrow is the opening day for submissions to the EOS Photo5 competition and I still haven't decided on my 'Wind' photo.

I wanted to submit one of my musical instruments photos, because they are 'wind' instruments, but having read the brief again, I don't think it would be acceptable.

So now I have a wee dilemma and I'm not sure what to do.  I do my best work under pressure!

This is the photo that I have rejected for the brief ...


I have four other wind shots set aside, that are possibilities.  Need to ponder for a little while.

Got another busy day ahead tomorrow, so I'm off to bed.

Nite all.

No comments: