Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Quickie

Is this the biggest dog you've ever seen in your life?  The dog's owner is not a short woman either!


Stopped in for a quick coffee with Vegan Chickie and Chicklet today ... and then got a quick shot of the pier at exactly midday.

 
I wonder if the fog lifted after this?  There was no fog at the other end of town!

We did some printing today, but we have to go back on Saturday to see the girl in charge, so that we can get a good price on the larger prints.

I submitted my entry into the "Wind" brief for the EOS Photo5 competition today.


I felt a bit pressured, with so much going on at the moment, but I really want to enter all five briefs this year so that I qualify automatically next year and NOT have to be under any pressure in 2013.

Anyway, as I the title says, just a quickie tonight.  My pillow beckons.

Nite all.

No comments: