Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Writer's Block/Foto Funk

Now that all the hype is over and done with for the exhibit, I'm in a foto funk and have writer's block.

I have my Photo5 box laid open on the lounge chair beside me, hoping that it will trigger some kind of inspirational epiphany.

I pedalled around town for two hours this morning hoping that I could find some kind of Spring-like moment to shoot.

Nothing.

No nests.

No flowers.

No baby birds or animals.

No lizards or snakes.

Plenty of Rainbow Bee Eaters, but I used a Bee Eater shot for last month's challenge, so I can't use them again.  It's not like they have a repertoire of spectacular moves.

The roundabouts in The Bay are pretty special at the moment with flowers and manicured shrubbery, but I don't think that I want to risk my life for the sake of a 'boost to the ego' prize!

So I'm stumped.

There are only three days left for the challenge ... I DO do my best work under pressure, but I'm not feeling too confident.

Somebody told me about a flock of swans and their cygnets about twenty minutes from here, so perhaps we can go searching for them tomorrow on the way into town.

Soon, it will be 'desperate situations call for desperate measures'.

Here are my failed Spring shots so far ...






Nite all.

No comments: