Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Burrum Heads Inaugural Fun Tour

So much for planning a couple of quiet days at home ...

I am sunburnt and exhausted after a busy (almost) five hours pedalling around town catching up to and photographing 80 odd participants in the Fun Tour today.

I actually left home at 7am but didn't begin my duties with the Fun Tour until 8.20am.

The Fun Tour consisted of three different tours to choose from

  1. 5km short walk.
  2. 10km long walk.
  3. 10km bike ride.
It was an optional dress-up day - as something beginning with 'B'.

During the walk/ride, there were check points where tasks had to be completed and there was also a questionnaire that had to be completed with about 45 questions.

At the end of the walk, there was an inflatable water slide, inflatable rock wall and a dunking machine for the kids.  The Bar was open.  A sausage sizzle.  Market stalls.

There were over $1000 worth of prizes for participants and also three raffles.

I left before the winners were announced and the prizes distributed.

It was quite a big crowd, considering it was the first time this event had been held and the Progress Association only had 3 months to plan it.

They did an excellent job and the crowd was enthusiastic and happy.  There were lots of groups walking together and families and a couple of groups of young teenagers who joined in using their skate boards and scooters.

A couple of photos from the day.  I haven't looked at them all yet.

'B' is for bogan
'B' is for black.
'B' is for Bikini Babe
'B' is for ...
The questionnaire
The starting point.
... and they're off
The waterslide.
The weather was pretty wild today with cyclonic winds, which made it just little bit uncomfortable - especially pedalling into a head wind!!

I'll add some more photos tomorrow after I send them all off to El Presidente.

I'm off to bed so that I have enough energy to enjoy the NRL Grand Final tomorrow between Melbourne Storm and Canterbury Bulldogs.  Wahoo!!

GO STORM!!!

Nite all.

No comments: