Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Storming

Check this out!

4.25pm
4.35pm
This was the first storm which kind of scuttled over the top of us and disappeared out to sea.  The second one came about an hour or more later.  It was loud and heavy and brief.  It made the house shudder and scared the dogs into submission.

I saw my baby today.  They leave town tomorrow for two and a half weeks.  That's a long time - especially when they will be out of the country for most of it.  I already miss them and am worrying about them

Serious learning business on the iphone.
Serious exploring business through the restaurant.
Fun singing/music business on the iphone.
Be safe my baby.  Be safe all three of you.  I love you and I hope that you have fun!!  Come back refreshed and rejuvenated ready for your next big adventure!

Submitted my photo for the 'Spring is in the Air' challenge ...


Now for the Photo5 competition.  Sheesh, it's never ending!

Nite all.

No comments: