Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Carnival of Flowers - by proxy

I was invited to H & R's house this morning to have a look at their photos from the Carnival of Flowers in Toowoomba on the weekend.

Their camera is a tiny 'point and shoot', but they were really hoping that I could do something with their photos.  The best I can do is share them with you.

Most of the photos were taken in the harsh midday light ... and worst of all, it was a Nikon camera!!  (chuckling quietly to myself, knowing that I have a couple of Nikon using readers)

So here are a few select photos, with compliments of R & H ...






The lovely R&H



I have seen enough photos on facebook and flickr from this beautiful carnival, that I have put it on my bucket list to attend one year.

Today was a quiet day for me.

Nature has gone into hiding during the school holidays, so there are no birds, lizards, kangaroos or other wildlife to be seen in the area.

I remember, last year, almost putting my camera away during the September holidays because there just was NOTHING to photograph ... except noisy, boisterous kids.

Twelve days and counting down til the end of the school holidays!

Twelve days and counting down til my town gets back to 'normal'!

But who's counting?

Nite all

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing information on Age Challenged rQQzy, i have visited your blog great post..............

therapeutic massage Toowoomba