Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 16 in a Year of my Life

I signed up to NaNoWriMo.

National Novel Writing Month.  http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/dashboard

I signed up yesterday and have written 1500 words so far.  I don't expect to complete the task (50,000 words!!!) ... aside from me being the Queen Procrastinator, we will be travelling for the rest of this month, so I'm not sure how often I will be able to write along the way.

I'll have a good attempt though!

I haven't written mine on the site - because I didn't realise that I was supposed to!  I have mine written on my iPad, but I guess I can transfer it across later.

One more sleep and we're off on the big campervan trek!


I hope that somewhere along the way, during our trek to 'nowhere in particular', I get a vastly better photo of a natural waterfall, than this one.

Tonight I am grateful to have the kind of life that allows me to share little adventures like this one with Adoring Husband.

I am grateful to be able to create new memories that we can look back on, in years to come, and have the perfect images from our photographic journey to peruse and ponder.

Need to get some sleep in preparation for a happy travelling day tomorrow - first stop is to visit my little Chicklet!!  Yay!!

Nite all.


No comments: