Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 19 of a Year in my Life

It's been a huge day for me today.

A few hours with my precious little Chicklet.

Another delicious lunch at Thomas Street Eatery.

Playing at the park with Chicklet.

Meeting up with my little brother and his non girlfriend for afternoon drinks.

A couple of hours rest and then off to dinner at Fratellinis ...

http://fratellini.com.au/

... where the Bare-chested Chef and Mike, our waiter for the evening, served us a three course meal 'to die for'!!  My favourite was dessert 'semifreddo'.

We had an antipasto entree which, among other delightful bites, had THE MOST DELICIOUS prosciutto I've ever tasted!

My Quail Risotto main meal was delicious and I know that the others loved their meals, by the moans and groans of delight that were floating all around the table.

Dessert had everyone feeling simply orgasmic and my brother had double espresso coffee afterwards that he said was the best coffee that he had tasted for a long time (and he is a coffee connoisseur!).

The service was excellent.  Mike was friendly and efficient and knowledgeable, offering very good descriptions of the meals and making some excellent recommendations.

The restaurant itself had a lovely bohemian atmosphere with drapes and cushions and candles and lamps, fairylights and potted trees, mismatched and colourful dining furniture.

It was quite busy there tonight with lots of friendly happy groups eating and drinking and enjoying the evening.

Another highly recommended eating place for you to discover at the Sunshine Coast!

We dined outside - terrible photo taken in the dark with my phone - but we were having fun!
So, tonight I am grateful for good food, good wine and good company - food is almost always the basis of wonderful memories of gatherings with family and friends.

Nite all.  

No comments: