Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 17 of a Year in my Life

We are here at the Sunshine Coast, all set up in our campervan, after quite a stressful drive today.

Lots of traffic on the road.  Especially trucks!  A couple of stops at roadworks, which slowed us down a little.

Learner drivers, wide loads, speeding cement mixers, slow caravans  ugh.  I'll be glad to get off the highway on our next leg and stick to the inland roads where there is less traffic.

I got to spend a few hours with Chicklet this afternoon, while Adoring Husband went for a drive looking for a caravan park to stay in.  He then set the van up and was able to set up the awning for the first time.  It was all looking lovely by the time I arrived :D

Chicklet was just adorable today and I enjoyed every second that I spent with her.  Not a single photo was taken because I was too busy enjoying her company.  Can't wait to see her again tomorrow.

Here is our camper all set up in the caravan park.


We hope to get up for sunrise tomorrow morning to witness the lunar eclipse as the sun rises over the ocean.  We'll see how motivated we are tomorrow!

After such a stressful drive and then a few hours with Chicklet, the energiser bunny, I am in for an early night.

So far this bed seems comfortable enough!  I'll report back tomorrow.

Today, I am grateful to have arrived at our destination safe n sound and also grateful that I get to spend some time with the family before we head off on Friday.

Nite all.

No comments: