Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 63 in a Year of my Life

It's been a hot day and the storms have skirted past us making lots of noise without touching us directly.

They did, however, drop the temperature by about 4 degrees, which we needed desperately.  Today was definitely a day for the air conditioner!

Adoring Husband spent the first half of the day in the garden, fixing the lawn mower, mowing the lawn and then fiddling about in the shed.

I have spent the day editing some old photos taken while down south on holidays last month.  Photos that I was tempted, at the time, to delete, but decided I would hold on to them 'just in case'.

Given a little time, you see your photos through different eyes and they can be salvaged.





This year, I have been paid for:

  • Taking a portrait shot for a business card.
  • Taking photos of a neighbour's garden.
  • Taking photos inside a home for a real estate web site.
  • Doing portrait shots as Christmas gifts.
  • Repairing and restoring old photos for two different people.
  • Approx twelve photos from the exhibition in September.
  • One photo to be used as a painting on corrugated iron.
  • A pelican photo from my flickr photostream.
This year I donated or gifted my time and photos for:

  • An 89th birthday morning tea.
  • An 80th birthday morning tea.
  • A 70th birthday party.
  • A 60th birthday party.
  • A retirement luncheon.
  • A fund raiser for a local charity.

Today, I am grateful to have had all of those opportunities above, which have added to my photography experience, and helped me to improve along the way.  I've enjoyed every second of it!

Nite all.

No comments: