Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 62 in a Year of my Life

Another short post tonight.

It's storming all around us and I'm very tired after a big evening at the club.

Look what I found under the clothes line this morning!!


Freaking me out!

Now I'm afraid to let the dogs out the laundry door in case they find where this snake is hiding!

There are no markings on the skin and it looks suspiciously like a brown snake skin.

It's only small, about the length of one and a half iphones, but if it's a brown snake, the venom is just as deadly in a small one, as it is in a large one!

Makes my skin crawl.

I had a lovely talk on the phone with little Chicklet this evening.

She answered yes to every question that I asked - which is a big improvement on the silence that I usually hear on the other end of the phone when she calls me. lol.

I love it when she calls me.  Little treasure that she is :D

Enough of this frivolity!  I am off to bed.

Today I am grateful for finding a snake 'skin' under the clothes line ... and NOT a 'live' brown snake!

The skin is something that I can carry with me and show people and have interesting conversations about.

Less dangerous and less deadly than a live snake!

Whew!

Nite all.


No comments: