Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 87 in a Year of my Life

Mother Nature is not playing fair.

This month, the challenge is 'Sunrise' or 'Sunset'.

I have been up early for about a dozen sunrises and they have all been duds.  There hasn't been a good sunset to chase.  Today's looked good to start with, but the colour was minimal and lasted just a couple of minutes.

I'm so OVER this challenge.  Who said it was going to be an easy one?

Here are my photos for today.




I think I might sleep in tomorrow morning.  These 4am starts are killing me!

Today I am grateful for fresh cold water.  How many people on this planet have no access to fresh, clean, cold water?  I go to my fridge 5 times a day for a bottle of clean drinking water.  How lucky am I?

I just realised that my sister has no access to clean drinking water in the town where she lives.  After seeing horrible photos of brown water in bathtubs and plastic water jugs and stories attached about how people are getting sick because of it.  In Australia in this day and age, that just shouldn't happen.

So I am grateful that I can turn on my tap and drink the clean water that flows from it.

Nite all.

No comments: