Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 90 in a Year of my Life

This is what's happening with our weather right now ...

There are warnings about high winds and flooding as some places north of us have received 600ml of rain in the last 24 hours.  Roads are closed and people have been rescued from flooding rivers.

My little sister, Squirt, was looking forward to a school re-union this weekend in Yeppoon, but the whole area is flooded now and the event looks like being cancelled.

Many Australia Day celebrations have been cancelled up and down the coast due to the extreme weather conditions.

We are supposed to attend a barbecue at the park tomorrow, but it's highly likely to be a non event now.

So I think I will head to bed and attempt to get a good nights sleep in readiness for what could be a wet, windy and stressful day.  Mother Nature scares me that way - you never know what she is going to throw at you next!

Today I am grateful to have a roof over my head for protection from the elements and I hope that Mother Nature will not get too angry as she reaches my area.

Nite all.

No comments: