Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day 125 in a Year of my Life

Good grief!

I've been trying to write this post for more than two hours ... while watching 'Pretty Woman'.

I've seen this movie a good 30 times ... and that's a conservative estimate ... but it gets me in every time!

Today has been a pretty good day.

I got to talk a bit with people who I hadn't seen since the tornado and a couple of important people in my life acknowledged my sadness in last night's post.

You know who you are and I thank you.

Aside from 'Pretty Woman' playing on tv, (which also reminds me of my mother),  a very special thing happened tonight on our way home from the club.

Adoring Husband drove to the club, because he can't drink alcohol for a month while on this special medication.  As we drove home, there, standing in the middle of the road,  was a Tawny Frogmouth!

He stopped the car and I climbed out to chase the bird away from the road.

The last time I saw a Tawny Frogmouth, was the day after the tornado and there were two birds near the old Seat of Knowledge, but they had disappeared the next day.  I have searched in every tree that I ride past hoping to spot them, but there has been no sign of them.

All of the trees that they usually nest in, have gone now and I was worried that they had left town, possibly never to return.  Tawnies are creatures of habit and like to nest in the same area, even the same tree if possible, every season.

Needless to say, I was extremely excited to see this Tawny tonight and thank goodness it was us who saw it, because people often expect these birds to fly off to safety as their car approaches, but that's how a lot of Tawnies die.

It's so nice to know that they are still about.  I think I will go exploring the trees in that area tomorrow.

I think that this will be a happy moment to write down and put in my 'happy' jar!

So that is what I am grateful for today - my beloved Tawnies are still about :D

Almost midnight - pumpkin time - bed time.

Nite all.

No comments: