Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day 126 in a Year of my Life

"Beautiful one day, perfect the next."

I'm thinking that Queensland can no longer use that slogan for it's tourism campagne.  Currently experiencing the third major flood in four years and the seemingly endless days of rain this year alone, the title of 'Sunshine State' is rapidly changing to 'State of Disaster'!

I've spent most of the day looking at photos that I took while on holidays with Adoring Husband in November last year.

They've brought back some fond memories and allowed me to play and experiment a little with editing.  Nothing over the top and probably not even noticeable to the regular Joe.




This next photo is the only one not edited ... aside from minimal basic stuff.


Today, I am grateful for photography.

I'm sure that I have been grateful for photography already in the last 126 days, but it is something that I love. There is so much more to learn, and at the moment, it's one of the few things that really lifts my mood and brings me together with people that I care about, while I struggle through this stressful period of my life.

Healing is a slow process, but we're getting there.

Nite all.

No comments: