Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 286 in a Year of my Life

Some more images from the party last night.





I spent half the day making soup!

Cauliflower, zucchini and mushroom soup.  Tomato and red lentil soup.  Both delicious!

It was another gloriously warm Winter's day today.  It was lovely to be out on the trike this morning, soaking up some vitamin D and then I had a little time on the garden swing this afternoon.

The Rainbow Bee Eaters are back and already nesting in the ground near here.  I'll post some photos tomorrow.  I've also found four Tawny Frogmouths so far, so they will be nesting soon too!  I was directed to a tree with two of them perched on top, by a lady who is a regular holiday maker in town.

She actually came to the markets to find me yesterday, specifically to tell me about the Tawnies, which I find just amazing and am so grateful for!  It makes me feel a little bit famous because even though I recognise her face as someone who spends time in the caravan park each year at this time, I don't know her at all!

I must go and check the tree with what I suspect is a Kookaburra nest, tomorrow too.

Our solar panels will be installed tomorrow!  Wahoo!  Looking forward to massively reduced power bills by the end of the year.

Today I am grateful for a pretty fantastic Sunday which included cooking, photography, gardening, a movie, a phone call with Chicklet and a delicious dinner made by Adoring Husband.

Nite all.

No comments: