Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 287 in a Year of my Life

So there haven't been a lot of opportunities for photography this week.

I found a couple of Tawny Frogmouths and some Rainbow Bee Eaters, but I want something more than that.  Something that will capture the imagination.

Instead, this week, I have been going through some old photos and have discovered some nice little gems worth sharing.

I think this one would look great enlarged and framed ...


I really like this shot taken just after sunrise, of The Nikonian silhouette on the beach.


I emailed some of the portrait photos that I showed you yesterday, to the people in the photos and I received a 'thank you' from one of them, which was lovely.  She was impressed.

I must get back to those photos,  finish editing them and email them to the birthday boys.

After our failed whale watching trip, my throat has been quite sore - today is the fourth day.  I've been taking a spoonful of fresh raw honey every morning and every evening and I've been filling myself with lots of vegetable soups as well as veggie and fruit smoothies.  Lots of water.  Lots of Vitamin D.

Those things must be working because my health hasn't degenerated, but I want my throat to be healed NOW!

Anybody out there have any healthful advice that might help?  No drugs.  No tablets.  No synthetic vitamin pills.

Today I'm grateful for surprise photography sales, without even trying!

Nite all.


No comments: