Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 290 in a Year of my Life

What a day.

Today was the day to pick up the new computer (which replaces the other new computer that we got last month) and the Cintiq Editing Tablet, along with the adaptor cable so that they would work together.

JB HiFi mucked us around with our order and what should have taken ten minutes, took almost 90 minutes.

Because of the 'huge' inconvenience, we got a 'huge' discount on the remaining amount that we owed.

This is the new set up ...


... that I can't use yet, because they forgot to order the adaptor cable.  Ugh!

I'm exhausted thinking about the learning curve ahead of me, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

We missed a movie because I got the times wrong .. I blame old age!

Did lots of other shopping and got a couple of chores done in town.

I spent the afternoon setting up the iMac, while Adoring Husband had a long nap.

I also did a very poor job cooking dinner.  An easy meal of chops, chips and salad ended up with overcooked chips, undercooked chops and luckily, a reasonable salad.

Tonight while Adoring Husband was out with the SES, I had a bit of fun with the camera out under the stars.


It was a bit tricky doing this by myself .. but very satisfying in the end.  I had a couple of orders from my facebook world and I promised I'd get them done twice over the last ten days .. thought it was about time I came through with my promise.

That's about it for the day I think.

Today, I am grateful that Adoring Husband stayed unusually calm during our 90 minutes at JB this morning and didn't seem bothered about missing the movie either.  Even though little of it went according to plan, we had a good day.

Nite all.


No comments: