Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 315 in a Year of my Life

What comes with new lifestyle/diet changes, is new food challenges.

I have two new food challenges in the pipeline.

After Adoring Husband did his research, we agreed on a certain brand of dehydrator, only to discover that they are no longer available in Australia!

So after discussions with the lady at Nature's Wonderland http://www.natureswonderland.com.au/shop/ , (What a great looking shop!  We hope to visit it in person one day) we decided on a different brand, and one that she highly recommended.  We ordered it over the phone and hope to receive it soon.

There will be lots of experimenting with all the fruits and vegetables in our garden and hopefully we'll get to store some of the excess produce that we can't eat fresh.

The other challenge is cheese making.

Since I changed my eating habits, feta cheese, along with nuts, has become my new love (I was never a fan of it before this).

We purchased a cheese making kit.  It's specifically for feta cheese and the ingredients are organic and GMO free.

I think Adoring Husband is also excited about cheese making because he had the box opened and unpacked before I'd finished unpacking the groceries!

By the time I was ready to take a look, he had half of it stored in the fridge (I'm guessing the manual instructed him to do so) and the other half stored in another room.

I gathered all the bits and pieces back together to get this photo.


We acquired this little treasure from Nana's Pantry in The Bay.   I love that place and could spend hours of my time there.   Oh, if money were no object!

They have every type of grain, flour, nut, seed, herb, spice, oil, cereal, natural sugar, vinegar and anything gluten free that I could ever wish for!  The list goes on and on.

Once upon a time, we went there to stock up on gluten free chocolates and lollies, but now I browse the other end of the store instead!

Anyway, I can't wait to share the dehydrating and cheese making process with you!

I also hope that my Canon Photo5 box arrives tomorrow, so that I can start on the competition briefs.  Everyone I know has received their box already, so I'll be a bit behind the 8 ball.

Today, I'm grateful for the first ripe peach from our tree.  Fresh, sweet and juicy.  I wonder how they will taste dehydrated?

Nite all.



No comments: