Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 317 in a Year of my Life

Not a very eventful day for me today.

Adoring Husband played golf and I stayed at home intending to study and perhaps get one brief for the Canon competition complete.

Instead, I watched a movie, gave one of the dogs a haircut and a bath, did some washing and made a delicious marinade for the pork fillet that we had for dinner.

Before I knew it, AH was home and I hadn't done anything that I'd actually planned.

Just as I was about to start dinner, I heard a rumble in the distance, so I walked outside to investigate, and discovered a small storm creeping towards our town.

I decided to head down to the river, so AH dropped me off at my preferred spot, while he went to the supermarket.

The sky looked and sounded quite menacing for all of 30 minutes, and then fizzled into nothing.  Just a few spots of rain fell and then the clouds dispersed.


Still, it was nice to be out with the camera.  I haven't taken any photos since I returned from the Sunny Coast.  I guess I'm going through a small 'lost my mojo' patch.

Tomorrow, I am definitely going to concentrate on a couple of Photo5 briefs.  There are only 19 days left til the competition closes!

Tomorrow is also The Nikonian's 50th birthday ... Happy Birthday my lovely friend.  I know that you'll be surrounded by people who love you and care about you.  I hope it's the happiest of days!

Today, I'm grateful for berry season.  Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and mulberries.  I can't get enough of them and they are delicious!

Nite all.


No comments: