Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 316 in a Year of my Life

Yay!!  My Canon Photo5 box arrived today!!


Absolutely no idea what I'm going to do for each of the briefs.  I really hoped that setting my eyes on the contents would send some magnificent imaginative and creative juices flowing from within!

But alas, I've got NUTHIN'.

I also had a lovely little shopping spree with the girls in Childers today.

As you know, I meet with the girls most Tuesday mornings for coffee and every once in a while, we'll do something different like go see a movie or, like today, go somewhere else for morning tea.

After our trip to the winery the other week, we decided to head back in that direction to check out a particular dress shop and shoe shop that looked promising and then have morning tea before returning home.

I'm happy to report that my shopping expedition was very successful.

Our choice of coffee shop was not so successful ... I take responsibility for that, because it was my suggestion *sad face*

Kape Centro in the main street of Childers, situated beside the Post Office.

I've been there, probably 10 times, since we moved to the area, and at first it was a pleasant experience.  The service was friendly and the food and coffee was lovely.

The last 3 visits have been most disappointing.  The staff are not at all friendly or welcoming, in fact, they seem to not want to be there.  It was mid morning and not busy at all, but the atmosphere was very unfriendly.

I don't think I'll go back.  There is another coffee shop at the other end of town, where I know the service is friendly and welcoming and the food and coffee, delicious, so that's where I'll take my custom in future.

So girls, I'm sorry for leading you up the garden path, but I hope you enjoyed my spending spree as much as I did *insert smiley face here*

Today I'm grateful for late night Big Bang Theory episodes that give me a good giggle before bed time.

Nite all.

No comments: