Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 318 in a Year of my Life

Well, I thought I was going to get a whole day to study, hone my photoshop skills and get some shots done for the Canon Photo5 competition today.

Adoring Husband had to tow the camper van to Bundaberg for some final repairs (after the tornado damage) and it was expected to take all day.

So I had a leisurely morning at the Seat of Knowledge, cycled around town for a bit, went to the Post Office, pedalled to the other side of town to get some fresh seafood and dropped in briefly to visit a friend.

I arrived home at around 10.30am-ish and just as I settled in at my work area, AH phoned to say that he was on his way home.

I squeezed in a couple of photos (which were dismal failures) before he got home and then it was all over.

Ah well.

I made myself a delicious prawn salsa lunch using the leftover marinade from last night's dinner.


Refreshing and delicious.

Tonight, I experimented with a fish dish.  I used King Salmon, which is a white fish and created a coconut/turmeric/lemon sauce with almonds.  It was quite delicious too!  Even AH enjoyed it.

Tomorrow night will be vegetarian I think.  Maybe even soup!  The freezer is still well stocked with various soups.

I'm looking forward to a coconut/berry smoothie tomorrow morning.

Had enough of hearing about my food menu?? Fair enough.

We received a phone call earlier in the week from The Bay SES telling us that we won a porcelain doll in a raffle and that we could pick it up on Monday or they would call back later.

I knew that I didn't buy any tickets in a raffle and AH decided that they must have called the wrong number, so we didn't bother following it up ... not that they left a number to call anyway!

Well, tonight, they called back and I answered the phone.

Apparently AH DID buy some tickets in the SES raffle ('Oh yeah, I remember now' was his response) and now we are the proud owners of a porcelain doll.

Things happen in threes .. I hope we have another two wins ... like Lotto!  Or Keno!

Today I'm grateful for FROG (Fraser Region Organic Goodness) http://frogshop.com.au/
from where I will be ordering my fruit and veg among other organic goodies in the coming weeks.  What a great discovery!

Nite all.

No comments: